1. Rain | 2. Shearling | 3. Trench | 4. Biker | 5. Peacoat | 6. Bomber
This week is normally around the time I start planning out my fall wardrobe. Next season’s styles have just hit the shelves, making it the perfect time to browse and take note of the key pieces I want to invest in, or put on my birthday list. (It’s October 24… FYI!)
If the coat is the MVP of your winter wardrobe, a good jacket is like the Tim Duncan–it has to work well with all the other key wardrobe players.
Okay, a stretch, but let that soak in for a moment.
While we shroud ourselves in heavy coats for warmth during the winter months, the jacket, on the other hand, plays a much more versatile role.
Layering is key for transitional seasons like spring and fall. The weather isn’t quite predictable, and if you live where I do, tends to fluctuate. Having a great jacket on hand is almost a necessity!
As part of my collaboration with Andrew Marc, I’m sharing the 6 fall jacket styles you need in your wardrobe and why.
Now, I’m not telling you to go out and buy all 6 immediately! The beautiful thing about a wardrobe is that it’s a collection–collections take time and aren’t meant to be purchased in one fell swoop. It’s like a hobby, meant to bring you joy.
However, the thing that’s great about these 6 styles is that if you invest in a well-made piece, it will certainly last you for multiple seasons.
As always, it’s always better to buy something you truly love rather than owning something for the sake of following a trend.
6 Fall Jackets Your Wardrobe Needs Now…
1. Rain: The thing about a great rain jacket is that you can take it with you from fall into spring! A water-repellant windbreaker is ideal for those days where it isn’t quite cold enough for a big parka, but you still need protection for the rain. I’m a huge fan of this one since it also has adjustable draw strings at the waist, so you can wear it form fitting or loose.
2. Shearling: While on the pricey side, there are few things more glamorous than a shearling jacket! Not only are they uber chic, but they are extremely warm. It’s best to invest in one that is well made, since a high quality one can last for years and years.
3. Trench: Trench coats are timeless and versatile. They look equally as good over an LBD as they do with a t-shirt, jeans, and booties. They make an ideal cornerstone piece for any wardrobe since they’re great for transition seasons like fall and spring, and go with nearly everything!
4. Biker: This has to be the one style of jacket I wear the most. Nothing is cooler than a classic leather biker, and I love how luxurious this leather and calf hair one is.
5. Peacoat: Another timeless style, a wool peacoat is practically a necessity for those chilly, late fall days. As a plus, its double breasted style makes for a figure flattering look!
6. Bomber: Spring’s outerwear du jour is still going strong into fall! It’s no wonder bombers are having a major moment among the fashion and celebrity set–they look great styled with your favorite pair of skinny jeans.
Have a favorite style? Let me know in the comments below?
Created in Partnership with Andrew Marc.