The Perfect Fit

BDG Twig Grazer High-Rise Jean

First of all, I wanted to thank everyone for all of the really kind holiday wishes!  I’m so fortunate to have so many wonderful readers and blogging friends.I had a really wonderful Christmas with my family in California.  The weather was absolutely perfect, and this is actually the outfit I wore yesterday.  (Note:  No jacket!)

I’ve mentioned before that the after Christmas sales is my favorite time to stock up on designer shoes as well as wardrobe staples like denim and cashmere.  Luckily, my favorite pair of jeans are right now on sale at Urban Outfitters for under $45!

BDG Twig Grazer High-Rise Jean

Shopping for denim is always an ordeal.  It’s almost best to buy multiple pairs of the same style if you find one that fits perfectly.  I’ve tried on a lot of jeans in my lifetime, but these high waisted BDG skinny jeans are my absolute favorite.  I love how forgiving their stretch is, how dark the color stays, and how flattering the pockets sit on them.

Plus, these jeans look great on a wide variety of body types.  I have super wide hips and a waist that’s smaller in comparison, but I have friends who are rail thin, as well as those with a larger backside and they all rave about these jeans.  Even Ariana Grande wears them!

If you’re going to buy online without trying them on first, I definitely suggest that you go down a size.  They have a lot of stretch!

BDG Twig Grazer High-Rise Jean

Tried a denim style you can’t live without?  Tell us about it in the comments so we can try it out!

XxMO

BDG Twig Grazer High-Rise Jean

Denim,  BDG Twig Grazer High-Rise Jean.  Blouse,  Asos.  (Sold out but similar here and here)  Shoes,  Saint Laurent.  (New season here Bag,  Louis Vuitton.

BDG Twig Grazer High-Rise Jean

BDG Twig Grazer High-Rise Jean

Get the Look:

32 Comments

1. January 15, 2015 / 4:14 pm

Perfect! love this look :)
    btw, you have a lovely blog :) want to follow each other?
    xoxo
    theartofstyleselmabijedic.blogspot.com

• January 15, 2015 / 7:09 pm

Hi Selma! Thank you so much, I would definitely love to follow you. Have a great day! xx

2. January 8, 2015 / 11:57 am

Mother denim!! The Looker in either high waisted graffiti girl ankle fray orrrr Coffee Tea or Me which is a darker wash.

• January 3, 2015 / 4:41 pm

Thank you so much! I hope 2015 is treating you well! xx

• January 3, 2015 / 4:41 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words! xx Have a wonderful weekend!

3. À LA MODEST
    December 29, 2014 / 12:02 pm

Tell me about it! Shopping for jeans is a feat.Looking at Ariana’s photo, these are really high waist. The ones I’ve gotten just hit my belly button. I’m looking for a pair that’s a couple of inches above it and doesn’t stretch out too fast over time. F21 jeans seem to be the worst ever. I bought a handful of their high waist jeans of different styles on Black Friday just out of curiosity, and they all stretched significantly after a day. Boo… :-( Those jeans look great on you!

Rachel

• January 3, 2015 / 4:40 pm

I think Ariana is wearing the “Super Hi-Rise” version of the jeans– where as I am only wearing the Hi-Rise. The BDGs do stretch a lot, but they go back to their normal shape after you wash them. I suggest sizing down if you want to avoid the stretch.

As for F21 denim–I’ve heard mixed reviews. Some people swear by them where as others have terrible experiences with them stretching and/or falling apart. I think it depends on what batch you get and from which factory they come from!

Happy weekend! xx

• January 2, 2015 / 11:25 am

Hi babe, thank you so much! Sorry I’m super delayed with responding back. I love the way these jeans fit, but I have to warn that they run REALLY looooong. You’d probably hate them!

Hope you had a great NYE and New Year’s Day!

• January 2, 2015 / 11:19 am

Hi Deniz!

Thank you so much. I love them too! They were a great steal–I got them for over 60% off last year!

Have a happy new year! xx

• January 2, 2015 / 11:15 am

Hi Svetlana! Happy New Year! Thank you so much for your kind words. xx

• January 2, 2015 / 11:08 am

Hi Dawn Lucy! Thank you so much. I’m so glad you enjoyed the article!

I’ve tried on many jeans in my lifetime, of many different price points, and I have to say that BDG makes the best ones!

I hope you’re enjoying your new year so far :) xx

4. Shybiker
    December 27, 2014 / 10:58 am

Lookin good, pal. I love UO. I don’t buy women’s jeans and have sympathy for the difficulties women have in finding pairs that fit right.

• December 27, 2014 / 8:08 pm

Thank you so much! I imagine it would be difficult for men too, no? Hope you’re having a great weekend!

• December 29, 2014 / 4:32 pm

Most men don’t care how well or poorly their clothes fit. I see horrible examples of this all the time. It’s not a subject most men care about. The few who do are exceptions. Plus, paying attention to your appearance is considered effeminate by many men.

5. December 27, 2014 / 9:23 am

You look wonderful! I have such a hard time buying jeans… period. I’m still searching for my perfect pair….
    xo
    styleontheside.com

6. afroditebalsen
    December 26, 2014 / 11:46 pm

I stopped wearing jeans a long time ago, I guess I grew sick of them after I spent my entire adolescence wearing denim…
    The first picture of this post is beautiful, the color and movement of the hair reminded me of a painting I love called “Flaming June” by Leighton. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you a great start of 2015!

Arianna, Nymphashion ♡

• December 27, 2014 / 8:12 pm

Hi Arianna! I had never heard of that painting before, so I looked it up. It’s so gorgeous! Christmas was great, I’m hoping you enjoyed your first one in the US, as well. :)

Happy weekend! xx